Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Flea Market Update!

I just got back from 5 days of rummaging with my sisters in 2 different states. I think we went to 5 different antique/ flea markets in Oklahoma City,Oklahoma and Leavenworth,Kansas. We also spent almost an entire day at the Fort Leavenworth Army Base garage sales that are held twice a year. We talked, laughed, ate, laughed, talked, got into each other's business, shopped and laughed some more. We also hung blinds and recovered a pathetic ottoman that now looks fantastic (if I do say so myself). What we didn't do much of was sleep. I had to come home to do that.........and with 11 kids still at home, you can guess how successful I am with that!
We always have a contest to see who comes home with the most ridiculous item that we have actually spent money on. It was a tie this year between and old propeller from an antique toy airplane, and a perfectly charming (if not completely useless) rusty lawn sprinkler from the 1940's? in the shape of a propeller.I believe that everyone would agree that I won this year since I now own both of these items. Stay tuned and when I actually learn how to put pictures on my blog (or bribe one of my kids to do it)I'll show you where they ended up.

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a fantastic time. Juli said it was great seeing you. You know I think after reading about your trip that I owe a trip to Iowa to visit my sister. And do all those fun things you got to do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had so much fun coming to visit! I'm so excited that you are blogging now too! BTW - click on new post and there will be a little square picture tab at the top. Click on that and it will tell you to download a pic. Easy as pie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy that you had a fun time. I want to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete